What is Nutritional Therapy?
The wrong food and lifestyle choices have a negative effect on your health over the course of your life. Nutritional therapy is a complementary and natural form of medicine that helps you understand your body and make the right choices, restoring health and preventing chronic disease.
Why a Personalised Nutritional Specialist?
Using personalised nutritional therapy, we’ve helped countless clients struggling with:
- Autoimmune issues
- Cardiovascular disease
- Food intolerances
- Gut health
- Hormonal imbalances
- Metabolic issues
- Stress management
- Weight management
During nutritional consultations, we identify potential imbalances in your body and lifestyle, and assess how these may be contributing to your current symptoms and condition.
We then create a personalised Nutrition & Lifestyle Action Plan tailored to your individual goals and specific requirements to achieve the best results for your health.
You Are What You Eat
Health is a manifestation of the complex interplay between the physical, mental and emotional aspects of one’s life. Food affects the way you feel and behave, and every meal you eat regulates your mood, genes, hormones and biochemistry.
Food is energy that provides the building blocks to create new cells and repair the body. But food is also information. Cells instruct each other how to grow, move and respond to threats by talking to each other in a complex language of chemical messages such as hormones.
When there are imbalances in our diet or underlying health problems that affect the absorption of essential nutrients, this can lead to deficiencies that result in problems in cell communication that give rise to chronic illness.
The Patient-Practitioner Relationship
At the core of nutritional therapy is the relationship between the patient and the practitioner.
Carmen’s success in more than 15 years of clinical practice has been based on building strong relationships with her clients. Trust, consent, confidentiality, respect and support are the key foundations.
Following the Functional Medicine model, the primary aim is always to provide you with the highest standard of care, knowledge and expertise to support you on your health journey.
How Do Nutritional Consultations Work?
- • We discuss your health situation, concerns and personal goals to establish if nutritional therapy is right for you.
- • Once you book an Initial Consultation, you will receive a Health Questionnaire (HQ), Food & Symptoms Diary (FSD) and consent form via email.
- • Return your filled-in forms via email prior to the Initial Consultation.
- • In-depth clinical analysis of your Health Questionnaire and Food & Symptoms Diary to establish potential imbalances and triggers contributing to your condition.
- • Personalised nutrition & lifestyle action plan designed to meet your specific needs.
- • Functional testing and/or Supplements may be recommended as part of the treatment plan if appropriate. *
- • Courtesy call to ensure you are feeling supported and on the right track.
£80 / £120
- • Comprehensive review of your overall progress.
- • Nutrition & lifestyle action plan fine-tuned accordingly, to ensure objectives are being met and symptoms and health are improving.
- • Revision of Nutritional Supplement protocol (if relevant).
- • Ongoing support and guidance, courtesy calls and/or emails to check in on your progress.
Functional Test Results Analysis
From £75 **
- • Comprehensive analysis and interpretation of the data of your Functional test results.
- • In-depth feedback and explanation of these findings to understand specifically what is contributing to your underlying symptoms and present health condition.
- • This knowledge and data can then be applied to your Nutrition & Lifestyle Action Plan in a Follow-Up Consultation for more effective and personalised treatment.
* Separate laboratory fees exist for Functional tests. Additional costs will always be explained prior to testing.
** Functional test results analysis cost may vary depending on the type and complexity of test.
10% DISCOUNT ON SUPPLEMENTS
Nutrition Diets’ patients get 10% discount on high-quality nutritional supplements, vitamins & whole food products from our online partner The Natural Dispensary.